Navigation Tips

Free Patterns can be seen along the sidebar (on right side),
or you can use the Free Patterns label to view all posts.

Free Pseudo-Patterns or Pattern Outlines can be found using the Free Pseudo-Patterns label.

The most comprehensive listing of Patterns, Pseudo-Patterns, and Pattern Outlines can be found on the Pattern Bibliography page.

Please read the Blog Housekeeping section in the sidebar for more info.

Thursday, August 27, 2009

Luna Progress

.

Making more progress...



... on this shawl. You saw the beginnings here. Here's what it looks like after the 3rd repeat:


3rd repeat: 1-14, 15-34 x 3

... and after muddling through it a little more, I completed the 4th repeat:


4th repeat, 1-14, 15-34 x4

I'm working on my 3rd hank of yarn at this point (4th repeat).

My first shawl, the red one
, came out too short. I followed the instructions, knitting only 3 repeats before doing the ending (15 to 24 + edging). This time I decided I had to work more repeats. I'm just not sure how many more repeats I need. This is a different yarn so it may stretch/block differently.

How do you know when to stop?


Lots happening in my neck of the woods, unfortunately much of it is not knitting. I'm still stuck on virtual farming, although I've stopped farming as "aggressively". I'm on level 30 in Farm Town, and am in no hurry to level up.

Remember that new sleigh bed I mentioned earlier? I apparently have two big bruises, one on each upper thigh at exactly the same height as the footboard. Hmmm... I guess I bumped into it a few times while rounding the corner ... yes, while going in both directions. (Oddly, DH hasn't had any problems with banging into the footboard) Well, those bruises are the least of my problems these days. Let's just say the word corticosteroid rolls off the tongue real easy these days. I am not a happy camper. I've got a doctor's appt early tomorrow morning and I'm setting the alarm on my cell phone cuz I am not a morning person (especially these days when my problem wakes me up around 2AM like clockwork and keeps me awake).

The Little One has requested a purple Pooh Bear washcloth so she can use to "wash" her Pooh Bear. Yes, she specifically wanted it to be purple. So now I need to go find a pattern and some purple kitchen cotton yarn. I know I have lots of variegated S&C/P&C yarn and can't remember if I have any solid purple in my stash. It's been a while since I went stash diving for kitchen cotton. Since this is a knitting project of interest to the Little One, I'm sure she'll be more than happy to "help" me look for some suitable yarn. Perhaps we'll do that tomorrow after I retern from my doctor's appt. I made her an Elmo washcloth a while back which she now has folded up and calls it a "sponge". I'm not sure why the Elmo cloth is a "sponge" while she refers to the Pooh bear cloth as a "washcloth", when she knows they're both pretty much the same thing.

Copyright © Smariek Knits 2005-2009. All full copyright rights are reserved by Smariek Knits.

.

8 stitch(es):

hakucho said...

Your shawl is beautiful...love the color :)

My grandparent's bed is a sleigh type, but not as big and beautiful like yours. It still, since I was a kid - practically my whole life, has the ability to bruise my thighs!! Note, I blame the bed and not me ;) Wish I had a solution for you, but I don't :(

SusanB-knits said...

Beautiful shawl! I haven't worked on mine lately (been side-tracked working on other stuff)

junior_goddess said...

My bruise is 28" from the ground. I think I get more bruises then DH because I make the bed.

Georgi said...

I agree with Junior-goddess, you have the bruises cause you are the one making the bed.

Jean said...

I did not want to mention it earlier, but I was bruised while making a sleigh bed at a friend's, both on my thighs and knuckles while making the bed - thought it was just me. Maybe it just takes getting used to. Sounds like the little one is just getting creative, it is really sweet that she wants you to make her a wash cloth though.

Darcys Knotty Knitter said...

I love your Luna pretty and for the pooh bear dishclothes here is a link to 2 free patterns on ravelry:)Hugs Darcy
http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/search?r=&query=%20pooh%20dishcloth&sort=best&view=thumblist
Happy Hunny Bear and Rumbly tummy Bear

Anonymous said...

Did you get the latex mattress?
(I read about this in your earlier post)
Is latex mattress more comfortable than conventional mattress?

I am in process of buying a new mattress and will take all advice, even from a knitting blog ;)

Sabrina said...

Hi Marie,

Oh my goodness, thank you for your detail reply! Ever since I picked up my needles, I began to abandon my blog (^^;). I have tried the triumph pattern on my dark green yarn, but it didn't work out as nicely.... so I decided to try your Miranda scarf pattern and I ABSOLUTELY LOVE it! It looks great with the colour and I want to keep the scarf so badly now (I knitted that one as a gift :P)

I've posted a picture of that on Ravelry, and if you have time, please feel free to drop by and have a look(my nickname is burgundymarble ). I want you to know how much I love the cable scarfs that you've designed ^^